Monday, August 15, 2011

summertime (and the living is easy)

This is my first post in a long time.
All summer actually.

I'm not sure why exactly ...

So, what have we been up to all summer you wonder?

The honest is answer is not much.
Not to say that we are sitting around in our jammies all day hanging out - although we certainly have done that.

Some days are busy.

Saturday, David had t-ball in the morning. And then we ran some errands, stopped by a charity lemonade stand. In the afternoon we went out to Wickham Farms - Mike and David went to the batting cage, Kate and I jumped on the giant pillow. That night we made popcorn and watched The Fantastic Mr. Fox - which we had just finishing reading.

Sunday, we sat around in our jammies all day.

We've all been home together this summer and somehow we've managed it. Not to say that some days all I want to do is scream. Or that we have to separate David and Kate.

But, it's been nice.

It hasn't been amazing.

But, it's been nice.

School is just around the corner. Mike will be going back to work, David starting Kindergarten and Kate starting preschool.

I thrive (THRIVE) on structure and order.
I can feel the new year creeping up on us.

And, I'll miss not doing much with my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment