Sunday, November 15, 2009

... a little bit of this

... and a little bit of that

David and Kate still love the song Go Baby. They both sing along. Seriously, there is nothing cuter than David singing "where my ladies at."

We've been reading Richard Scarry's Big Word Book. Each page is a scene (country scene, city scene, dinner table) with everything labeled. Last night we read the page "when I grow up." It had pictures of different animals dressed up as different professions. Before we went through all the pictures I asked the kids what they wanted to be when they grew up. Typical Kate said a Barbie Princess, David said a truck driver. I am going to be a Taxi Driver (per David) and a Judge (per Kate).

One of David and Kates favorite games is playing pretend animals. David is usually an Alligator, but occasionally a dinosaur. Kate is always a lion, a lion that sometimes meows. I am always the prey. That's actually what they"the prey." They chase me around the house, catch me and then pretend to eat me. David will pretend to nibble off little pieces of me and then throw his head back as if he is choking down chunks of my flesh, just like in his dinosaur movies.

David is really into knock-knock jokes. Although I don't quite know where he learned them ...
This is how they all go ....

David: Knock knock
me: Who's there?
David: (insert something random. tonight it was: banana, pumpkin, salt, orange ... )
me: (random) who?
David: YOU!

I don't get it either. But, he thinks its hysterical.

1 comment:

  1. A good sense of humor is definitely made, not born. Little kids don't know how to tell a joke to save their lives. I'm always instructing Ethan about things like comic timing, leaving your audience wanting more, how to recognize an opening, etc. They really do need guidance. We've all seen the sad results of an adult who never received proper comedic training as a child.

    ReplyDelete