Sunday, March 7, 2010

David the writer

Mike's mother, Sue, recently had a birthday.

The kids and I spent one morning trying to think of something we could make her as a gift.

Kate wanted to paint her a picture. "My think Grandma will love it."

David said, "Hey, I know. Grandma likes books. She reads me lots of books. I'll make her a book."

I wrote the words for him, but they were all his. Mike helped him with the illustrations. He was so excited about it. He hid it in a cabinet until Sue came for dinner.

The title: "My first book."

It went something like this:

Once upon a time there were a lot of Triceratops.
Then came a big T-Rex.
Then came a Spinosaurus.
Then came an Ankylosaurus.
Then came a Woolly Mammoth.
Then came a mouse.
They were a family.

It was a fantastic book.

3 comments: