Thursday, April 29, 2010

oooh! a piece of candy!

I know. Two posts in one day.

Just a couple things that have made me laugh or smile the past couple weeks that I don't want to forget ....

(oooh a numbered list!)

1. We are all sitting at the dinner table.
David: My balls are sore.
Me: what?
David: My balls are sore. I was playing with them today. I have balls in my balls.
Me: ....
Mike: Sometimes if we squeeze them too hard they hurt.

2. Kate while eating ice cream on a mom & Kate day
"It's yummy in my tumbly"
She wanted to try some of mine. I gave her a bite. She wanted me to try hers. She takes a huge scoop and shoves it in my mouth. "we are sharing!" says Kate.

3. Kate while playing with her Barbies
"It's okay. Mommy's here."
As she kisses them and puts them to bed.

4. Kate is laying on the couch, hysterical because she is going to have to use the nubulizer.
David: "It's okay Kate. You are so brave. Remember in the doctors office. You can be brave again."

5. Getting into the car for school
Kate: David will you help me?
David: Yes Kate
He opens the door for her. I was in the foyer grabbing backpacks and coats.
I come out into the garage to find them both in the car.
Kate tells me David helped her get her leg up.

6. Sitting on the couch between David & Kate, who is hopped up on steroids at the time.
Kate: (leaning over me to talk to David) Mommy doesn't love you.
Me: I love you both Kate. You are both my babies.
Kate: (in a nasty voice) David looks like a baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment