Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day

Some things I love about my mom, in honor of Mother's Day:

(look, sorry about this, but, I am really into numbered lists lately)

1. Her vast knowledge of show tunes. And, her ability to sing them at the oddest moments.
It is a gift I am passing on to my own children - Kate in the bath will occasionally break out into "I'm gonna wash that man right out of my hair ... "

2. I tease her a bit about this, but she is one of my biggest fans. Always quick with compliments and support - that I usually tell her is part of her job description as mom. (but, I'll let you in on a bit of a secret ... as a mom, I now know we compliment and support because we really do mean it)

3. Always accepting .... I became a vegetarian at 14, I think in a way to rebel a bit - my mothers response was that we should all eat a bit healthier. I don't think dyeing my hair pink got any sort of a negative response. Neither did tattoos.

4. She is confident in who she is as a person. It's refreshing. And, was a fantastic model growing up and still as an adult.

5. She's a friend. Someone I can talk to and laugh with.

And, really, who could ask for anything more?

No comments:

Post a Comment