Tuesday, May 3, 2011

a numbered list

Some things I have learned as a parent:

1. Peanut butter and jelly tastes much better when served with a spoon of peanut butter. As do apples, bananas, waffles, cereal and pretzels.

2. The cookie club at Wegmans may be the best thing that Wegmans has ever come up with. Ever.

3. Biggest pet peeves: having to ask my children a million times to do something AND markers missing tops.

4. There is a bedtime "window" - missing it is serious trouble.

5. shower + kids watching tv show = 5 minutes of peace and quiet

6. I can't fix everything. Although I really would like to be able to some days.

7. No matter how great of an idea I think I have for a project to do with the kids - it will probably not go as planned. Best to not have a plan.

8. Teletubbies is some weird shit.

9. As crazy as they occasionally make me, as much as I sometimes need just need 5 minutes to myself - I will always respond when they call "mom" (even at 2 am) because they need me and I am their mom.

10. Nothing (nothing) sounds as good as David & Kate laughing.


No comments:

Post a Comment