Thursday, September 8, 2011

Dinner tonight will be zucchini with a side of zucchini followed by zucchini dessert

I spent an hour today grating zucchini while David was at school and Kate played with play-doh. It was about as awesome as it sounded. We joined fruit co-op again this year and part of our share this week was a giant bag of zucchini. Part of our share last week was zucchini. Part of our share the week before was zucchini. Part of our share ... Well, you get the picture. When we were kids my parents had a huge garden that seemed to only produce zucchini. My mother couldn't give enough of it away. It became a joke in the neighborhood, how we would be eating zucchini that day. So, tonight I sautéed up some zucchini with tomatoes and sauce. And made some zucchini bread. And remembered home.

4 comments:

  1. I somehow have not had too much zucchini on my hands this summer, and it made me sad. It seems like an essential part of summer to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our fruit pick-up is Monday. I will gladly (gladly, gladly, gladly) bring you some if we get some.
    I'm running out of things to do with it, and I seem to be the only eating it.
    I keep trying to trick the kids into trying it, but they are no fools and tend to figure me out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd be glad to have some. I almost bought some at the farmers' market yesterday, but I'd already bought two bags of apples and peaches and beets and turnips and tomatoes and corn, and I simply could not carry anything else.

    ReplyDelete
  4. : ( no zucchini this week.
    It actually feels sort of weird to not have any ....

    ReplyDelete