Tuesday, September 15, 2009

First Day of School

Today was David's first day of preschool.

I paced most of the morning.

I was nervous about how he would react, how I would react, getting out the door ...

There were some tears this morning. He didn't want to wear his sneakers. I snapped at him and then promptly felt like shit. And, then he told me he didn't want to go ... So, not a great morning, but we made it out the door.

Kate needed to bring her backpack too.

Mike surprised us at school.

And, then it was time ...
We walked him to his class. He chatted with his teacher, put on his name tag, gave me a hug and was off.
just. like. that.

Class was only an hour today for the first day. Kate and I went shopping and picked him up. He told me about the new friends he made. How one little boy didn't listen. How you shouldn't run.

The first of many experiences he will have without me.

No comments:

Post a Comment