Thursday, March 24, 2011

the apple doesn't fall far ...

I remember as a kid, my mom asking me to get my brothers for dinner, or whatever ...
They would be upstairs in their room and I would be downstairs.
I would go to the bottom of the stairs and yell up to them.
"Paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatrickkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk."
"Connnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr."

Mom: "Jennifer, I could have done that. Go upstairs and get them."

Today, lunch was at the table and so was Kate.
I asked Kate to tell David that lunch was ready.
Our house is a bit different - it's a cape, so the kids bedroom are on the first floor.
So, Kate assumed she really didn't even have to move from the table.
"DAVID. LUNCH TIME."

I laughed and before I could even stop the words, they were coming out of my mouth ...
"Katelynn, I could have done that."

No comments:

Post a Comment