Monday, March 28, 2011

an ode to the internet

David randomly asked me on the way to school today if there were 72 suns.

?

No, there is just one sun I explained.

"How is it day time in all different places then?"

We skype with my brother and sister-in-law in Seattle quite a bit, so I can understand the confusion.

I tried explaining to him how it all worked. I was driving at the time ... I thought I did an okay job. Until he asked, "So, then there are 8 suns - one for each planet?"

"No, just one sun .... "

"So, there are just 8 planets and 1 sun in the sky?"

(insert light bulb over mom's head)

"When you get home today lets look it up on the internet together. Maybe we can find some pictures to help explain it a bit better."

oh internet - how do I love thee
you make me seem smarter
than I'll ever be

No comments:

Post a Comment